In 1806, the members of this community felt the need for a house of worship. On May 15 of that year a few of the residents of “Long Pond Settlement and Vicinity” met and drew up articles of agreement for the building of the “Presbyterian Meeting House.” The church was incorporated on Feb. 21, 1807. In 1818 the original house was taken down and a new one was erected on the site. In 1819 it organized as the Presbyterian Church. On Feb. 1842 the church burned to its foundation and was rebuilt in December of 1842. In 1956 the sanctuary was enlarged, Fellowship Hall, Kitchen, and Sunday School classrooms were added. The church still stands on the original foundation.
In 2007, we celebrated 200 years of “Sharing Christ.” It was a common faith in Christ that has brought the church together. We continue to look for new ways to share Christ with each other and the community.
We are grateful for our history and for the legacy of ministry that those who have gone before have given us. We seek to build upon this foundation in our ministry today.